Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Roofing and ducting

Today I drove up to the site and discovered actual shingles on our roof. It's looking more and more complete each day! And the windows are due on Monday or Tuesday, so hopefully by the end of next week we should be more protected from the outside temperatures when we wander through the house.


We also have a guy working on our deck flooring, and the HVAC guy has been busy, too: We have new air ducting all along our downstairs back wall and vents opening up here and there. Tomorrow the central vacuum guy is coming. It's a busy place these days!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    My husband stumbled on your blog a while back. We had been researching home builders in the area and Hammer and Hand was one of them. We saw your house on their site...very impressive!

    If you have some time, I would like to find out more about the process. My husband and I own land in Carlton and plan to build in the next year or two. We are interested in doing a passive house.

    The key feature of our land is the vineyard potential. Like you, I have been blogging about our efforts. Check it out: owrvineyard.blogspot.com


    Thanks,
    Beth
    Beth.zokaites@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s always nice to see our plans coming all together. When my wife and I started to build our new house, we had it documented too. We love to take photos every day; it served as a good way to check on the progress. Your roof is looking good already! Good luck on your new house.

    Son Lakhani

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be really fascinated while watching the building process of your house. I remember when our house was being built. I’m so excited for it to be completed already that I couldn’t leave the house even though everything was a mess. Anyway, your roof looks gorgeous now with the new shingles. Here’s to hoping that it’ll serve you well for years to come!

    Brook Daily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That’s a lot of progress being done on your home. How is it now? Are they done with the roof and the shingles? What about the sidings? May I ask what material you chose for your shingles? It’s always best to consider the weather you frequently experience in your place when choosing one. This is so you can choose the material that can best withstand the climate in your region. - Allyson Ripple

    ReplyDelete