Monday, June 3, 2013

Life imitates art

The house looks like the architectural renderings! I am so excited to have gotten this far!
(Rendering courtesy of Scott | Edward Architecture)



(Rendering courtesy of Scott | Edward Architecture)

And check out our new concrete patio:


Finally, a couple of updates: I did escape real injury from being run over by a wagonload of rocks, but I have a wide variety of bruises appearing all the way up both legs, so I'm more colorful than usual. And I still have poison oak from harvesting plants; although it spread in random small patches from my wrists (between the gardening glove and the pushed-up long sleeves), I've mostly beat it into submission with a vicious combination of rubbing alcohol and tea tree oil. At least I don't feel as if I'm a passive onlooker in this whole project!

And our neighbors report a peahen on their property. Do she and Larry know each other? Is this love for Larry? Stay tuned ...





1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the progress on your house, Stephanie! And I do agree, it does look very much like the architectural renderings. The contrast between the wood and the dark siding looks even more amazing on the real thing. I can't wait to see the final reveal of your home. -Nelson@Royal Roofing and Siding

    ReplyDelete