Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I can see clearly now ...

I just learned that poison oak can take up to a week to emerge, depending on the sensitivity of the skin, so I could yet find out that I have more spots. Oh no! Crossing my fingers ... .

Today the land is being cleared. The difference is unbelievable! We can actually see the ground! The clearing wasn't complete when I was there (they were still working on the bushes between the build site and the stand of firs), so I'll go back tomorrow to see what additional progress has been made at that point. I'm glad I went, though: They cleared part of the well road, but stopped when the tractor (with a brush hog on the back) couldn't get any further. Fortunately, I got there before they were finished because I was able to show one of the guys approximately where the well is and explain to him that we need to be able to get to it. They also had a backhoe with a thumb (and treads) on site, so he said he would try to get through with that. If that doesn't work, he said he can come back with bigger equipment. He also said that they do excavation, too, so it's likely that we'll see them again when it's time to dig the foundation. Too bad I didn't introduce myself properly and get his name. Hopefully I'll remember my manners next time.

Standing near the front of the land, looking in toward the build site. 
From the entrance to the property, looking toward the build site (east). 

Clearing the land with the tractor.

The newly cleared well road.
The end of the well-road clearing. 
From near the entrance to the property, looking over the build site.

From the build site, looking back toward the entrance to the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment